ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE COMPETITION
The Minister of Foreign Affairs, acting pursuant to the Public Finance Act of 27 August 2009 (Journal of Laws 2017, item 2077, as amended), announces an open competition for offers called:
"Polish Volunteer Aid 2019"
1. Type of public task: development aid.
The purpose of the competition is to select the best volunteer work project offers containing proposals of public tasks that involve development activities which reflect the assumptions of the "Development Aid Plan for 2019" with respect to selected countries prioritized by Polish aid, that is Ethiopia, Kenya, Senegal, Tanzania and Uganda, and priorities and results of activities covered by that document, as well as the following countries classified as least developed: Rwanda and Zambia.
2. The amount of public funds designated for carrying out public tasks:
PLN 1,000,000 (in words: one million zlotys).
3. Rules of awarding grants:
Grants can be applied for by entities referred to in Article 127, item 1, point 1, subpoint e) of the Public Finance Act of 27 August 2009, which meet the requirements listed in the competition rules, i.e. non-governmental organizations in the meaning of Article 3, item 2 of the Public Benefit and Volunteer Work Act of 24 April 2003 (Journal of Jaws 2018, item 450, as amended) and entities listed in Article 3, item 3 of the Act.
4. Deadline and conditions for carrying out public tasks:
Tasks contained in module I should be started not earlier than on 1 May 2019 and completed not later than by 31 December 2019.
Tasks contained in module II should be started not earlier than on 1 January 2020 and completed not later than by 31 December 2020.
The conditions of carrying out the public tasks are defined in the competition rules.
5. Information on the results of performing a public task:
The competitors are obliged to indicate in the offer the expected results, the planned level of achieving and the methods to monitor each public task.
6. Date, method and place of submitting offers:
1) To take part in the competition, it is required to:
- register at https://portal.polskapomoc.gov.pl. Following registration, each competitor will receive a login and a password which can be used to fill out the ‑offer form online. Competitors that have already activated accounts at https://portal.polskapomoc.gov.pl should use their existing credentials (login and password). No further accounts can be registered;
- once the account is active, log in with the assigned login and password to access the offer form;
- fill out the offer form online and upload it together with the required attachments to the MFA database via the Internet;
- deliver one copy of a printed and signed offer to the MFA by mail, courier service or in person to the MFA correspondence register before the offer submission deadline.
2) A correctly drafted and filled out offer should be sent to the following address
Ministerstwo Spraw Zagranicznych Departament Współpracy Rozwojowej
al. J. Ch. Szucha 23, 00-580 Warszawa
The envelope must bear the words
"Polish Volunteer Aid 2019" and the name of the country which the offer pertains to, the name of the competitor, and the offer number generated in the online system at https://portal.polskapomoc.gov.pl
or submitted to the correspondence register of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, al. J. Ch. Szucha 21, entrance from Litewska Street, by 26 March 2019.
The correspondence register office is open from Monday to Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 4:15 a.m. and closed on Saturdays, Sundays and other public holidays.
Offers submitted after the deadline will be not be reviewed by the Committee. The date on which the offer was received at the seat of the MFA is decisive.
7. The manner and criteria used in the selection of offers and the date of selection of offers:
The manner and criteria used in the selection of offers are specified in the competition rules.
Information about the competition's results will be posted in the Public Information Bulletin of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, at the seat of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and at Ministry of Foreign Affairs websites www.gov.pl/dyplomacja and www.polskapomoc.gov.pl by 30 April 2019.
8. Public tasks of the same kind performed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the current and previous year and the related costs:
In the current year, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs did not finance public tasks of the same kind. In the previous year, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs financed public tasks of the same kind as part of the "Polish Volunteer Aid 2018" competition. The MFA awarded 6 grants to carry out volunteer projects, with a total value of PLN 377,764.
9. Additional information about the competition:
The detailed scope of the competition, the instructions for drafting the offer, the conditions that must be fulfilled by an entity entering the competition, and the manner of making available the offer template and necessary attachments are specified in the competition rules posted in the Public Information Bulletin of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, at the seat of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and at Ministry of Foreign Affairs websites www.gov.pl/dyplomacja and www.polskapomoc.gov.pl.