The Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs with the Ptak Warsaw Expo exhibition centre are preparing the first Polish humanitarian fair. The event will be held in Nadarzyn near Warsaw on 11-13 June 2019. The exhibition is organized in partnership with the Lubawa company and the National Chamber of Commerce and held under the honorary patronage of the President of the Republic of Poland, Andrzej Duda.
The official website of the International Exhibition of Humanitarian Aid and Development Assistance:
It is worth noting that in economic terms, the development and humanitarian assistance sector is a gigantic market. It is important that businesses join this system. Participation in the system, engagement in developing modern solutions, innovative ideas or conducting a responsible corporate policy, which includes taking on responsibility for global issues, such as development and humanitarian assistance all play a major role in building a corporate brand.
Warsaw Humanitarian Expo consists of 4 pillars:
- Humanitarian City – a platform for meetings, debates and other events where institutions, NGOs, business, Academia will engage with wider public about humanitarian and development activities.
- Responsible Business for Humanitarian Emergencies Conference – with high level participants who will discuss most relevant topics concerning future of humanitarian aid, including business involvement in that sector or new technologies and innovations for humanitarian emergencies. Marc Lawcock – Under Secretary General of the United Nations for Humanitarian Aid will attend the conference.
- Warsaw Procurement Forum – Forum on how to successfully participate in tenders for provision of services and delivery of goods to international organizations; including one-2-one meetings.
- Expo /Fair – open for companies operating in various sectors of humanitarian and development aid (including: IT, communication and logistics; medical equipment and pharma; shelter; food and agri; security means and others).
Warsaw Humanitarian Expo aims to:
- showcase the potential of Polish (but not only) businesses offering products and services, which can be used in a wide range of humanitarian actions and development programmes;
- hold an in-depth discussion on involving business in humanitarian aid and development assistance;
- promote global trends, present best practices and enable the exchange of views on possible forms of involvement;
- present the vast offer of the development and humanitarian assistance market represented by international organisations (mostly belonging to the UN system), the European Union, as well as Polish and international non-governmental organisations active in this field. The representatives of the European Commission, FAO, the WFP, UNICEF, UNDP and the International Committee of the Red Cross responsible for purchasing and tenders for development and humanitarian projects in their organisations will share their knowledge on how best to participate in the projects, how to prepare, what to focus on and where to look for information.
- Warsaw Humanitarian Expo - link
- Become an exhibitor! - Register here
- Visit the fair! – Register here
- A webinar on 14.02.2019 – “Doing Business with the UN - introduction to the procurement process” - link
- A webinar on 11.04.2019 - “Doing Business with the UN - presentation how and why to register in the United Nations Procurement Database (UNGM) and introduction to the UN Procurement Process - link
- A webinar on 25.04.2019 - "Doing Business with the UN" - introduction to the UN Procurement Tenders - link
- Invitation to Warsaw Humanitarian Expo 2019 by Jadwiga Emilewicz - Minister of Entrepreneurship and Technology - link
- Invitation to Warsaw Humanitarian Expo 2019 by Jacek Czaputowicz - Minister of Foreign Affaires - link