THE MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF THE REPUBLIC OF POLAND
announces an open call for proposals to implement the following project:
„Academy of international development co-operation and democratisation - 2007"
The aim of the project is to trigger a debate and information exchange among the Polish organisations and milieus engaged in assistance activities for developing countries and countries undergoing transformation as well as for organisations potentially interested in this field of activity. The debate will be devoted to implementation rules of assistance activities, methods and measures of raising awareness of development co-operation in the Polish society and the role of Poland in the international assistance system. The project's task is to work on the vision of assistance activities as well as organise and carry out a series of conferences, seminars and workshops concerning this subject.
1. The organisations eligible to compete in the Call for Proposals are non-profit NGOs (as defined by Law on Public Benefit Activity and Volunteerism) which are not state-funded and which are registered in the Republic of Poland.
2. Financial assistance devoted to the implementation of the abovementioned Programme amounts to PLN 200,000.
3. Accepted projects must be carried out by December 31, 2007.
4. Deadline for applications is June 11, 2007, 3 p.m. (date and time of receipt). Applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
5. Applications will be evaluated by the Call Committee in compliance with the criteria specified in the regulations of the Call. Information on selected, successful applicants will be published on MFA's website not later than July 11, 2007.
6. Applicants shall bear the costs of application preparation. We suggest that all applicants acquaint themselves with General Terms and Conditions of MFA's financial assistance.
7. In 2006 the Ministry of Foreign Affairs provided financial assistance amounting to PLN 160,000 to the project "Millennium Development Goals - Exhibition".
You can find more information on the Call on our web pages in Polish.